The following directions will be for each time I assign it. - You must include the following to receive full credit:
- Use the Scholastic News/Geography Spin or Science Spin magazines (5th- 6th grades) or Junior Scholastic magazine (7th-8th grades)
- Proper heading at the top of the page and your # in the top right corner:
- TASK: Write a summary paragraph of the article. INCLUDE:
- Title of article
- WHO the article is about (Remember “WHO” can also be an animal, object or a company)
- WHAT the article is about- include four facts from the article.
- WHEN does the story take place?
- WHERE is the event or issue occurring-(Specific country, region, city etc…)
- WHY is this story important? Include your opinion about the story.
- This assignment can either be typed (12pt font, Times New Roman, double-spaced) or handwritten (blue or black ink only)
- If the proper heading, title of the article or correct ink color is not used, -2pts will be taken off for each part that is missing
- DO NOT USE THE DEBATE STORY.